Giant Blue Morpho Butterfly Framed
Real Framed Morpho didius, also known as the Giant Blue Morpho. There are over 80 species of blue morpho butterflies, mostly found in South America as well as Mexico and Central America. Many Morpho butterflies are colored in metallic shades of blue. These colors are not a result of pigmentation, but are a reflection of incident light through the microscopic scales covering the wings. The Morpho Didius is one of the largest blue morphos and is very impressive.
- Origin: Peru
- Frame Size: Approx 8″ x 8″
- Black Wood Frame
- Handmade Museum Quality Sealed Shadowbox Display.
- 99% UV Blocking Museum Grade Conservation Glass to Prevent Fading.
- Insect Name & Origin Printed on Old World Style Parchment Backing.
- Archival & Acid Free materials. Picture Hanger Included.
All specimens, skulls, and natural history items are ethically & legally sourced. We are happy to provide any additional information on specific items. You can also view our policies page for more on sourcing. We do not harm animals, we love animals, and view specimens as a way to treasure them in their afterlife.
Please Note: All Animal & Insect Specimens, including framed, Lucite, skulls, and bones may only be shipped within the US. These are not available for International shipping.